Further strikes at Castle School are cancelled
STRIKES planned by staff at Castle School in Thornbury for next week have been cancelled.
Head teacher Will Roberts said the industrial action, which had been planned for Wednesday and Thursday July 17-18, had been called off and the school would now be open as normal.
The school was closed on Tuesday after members of the National Education Union went on strike, citing concerns over “workload, safety and wellbeing”.
They picketed the school gates on Tuesday and said further strike action would take place next week and in September.
However, today Mr Roberts issued a statement to parents, which said: "Following productive discussions yesterday with the National Education Union (NEU), we are pleased to confirm that the planned industrial action next week will not take place, and the school will therefore be open as normal.
"The NEU and The Castle School plan to issue a more detailed joint statement in due course, but in the meantime
we wanted to update parents as soon as possible about the arrangements for next week."